It’s something special to be able to look back on more than 230 years of company history!

Today, the Alfred Giesser Company is regarded as one of the leading companies worldwide when it comes to the design and the production of industrial knives. A wide array of sectors is putting their trust into the quality of Alfred Giesser Products and into the outstanding expertise of Giesser Engineering.

If you want to read the future,
you have to browse in the past.

André Malraux

today

Alfred Giesser Messerfabrik is a system supplier for cutting applications in
food processing machines, packaging machines and many other sectors
and is working for world’s leading companies.

1985

Division into a manufacturing company and a holding company. The production is being led by Alfred Giesser Messerfabrik GmbH. The holding company operates under the name of Ulrich Giesser KG

 

1976 - 1979

Improvement of the corporate building within three steps

1975

Alfred Giesser hands over the business to his son Ulrich Giesser

 

1969

The production of knives gets outsourced to Alfred Giesser Messerfabrik

 

1967/68

Relocation to the new building in the Winnenden district Birkmannsweiler

 

1949

Transfer of Gottlob Giesser Company to son Alfred. He continues to lead the company with a retail shop and a repair workshop. The production of knives for industrial use is gaining increased importance.

 

1934

After the death of her husband Adolf, Luise Giesser operates the business at Gottlob Giesser company – a retail shop and one of the first productions for machine knives – together with her three sons, including Adolf Giesser Jun. The brother of Adolf Giesser Sen. www.giesser.de

 

1909/10

Demolition of the old and construction of the new head office in Winnenden.

 

1901

Adolf Giesser Sen. takes over the fortunes of Gottlob Giesser company.

 

1880

Enlargement with a retail shop.

 

1865

Entry in the trade register from Gottlob Giesser’s cutler workshop: artisan crafting of kitchen-, butcher-, pocket- and gardening knives.

 

1776

In November, Johannes Gießer applies for admittance as a resident and cutler at the Winnenden court. Permission was granted on 02 December 1776 for a fee of 13 Gulden and 5 Kreuzer.